Our action groups are made up of individuals wanting to improve their local community for the benefit of all.
The groups consist of those with disabilities, those supporting others with disabilities, local decision makers, and residents.
Our action groups work together monthly, supporting one another and discussing local needs, creating a united voice to action change, provide solutions and inform decision makers.
Becoming a member of an action group, you will;
- Encourage local people to think about how actions or physical barriers can affect the everyday life of those with disabilities
- Promote equal access for all and become a solution maker to support the local community to improve
- Meet new people and make friends
- Raise the profile and impact of Selby District Disability Forum
Current Local Action Groups
We currently have multiple Action Groups, generously funded by some of the local Community Engagement Forums (CEFs). We are in the process of applying for funding in other parts of the District, to enable us to have a Disability Action Group in every area.
Below are interactive maps for each group, including a list of towns/villages covered by each one, and an interactive map showing the area visually. There is also a map showing all areas covered by our groups together.
- Acaster Selby
- Barkston Ash
- Newton Kyme cum Toulston
- Saxton with Scarthingwell
- Appleton Roebuck
- Bolton Percy
- Church Fenton
- Kirby Wharfe with North Milford
- Little Fenton
- Stutton with Hazlewood
- Cridling Stubbs
- Little Smeaton
- Thorpe Willoughby
- Stubbs Walden
- Chapel Haddlesey
- Hirst Courtney
- Kirk Smeaton
- Long Drax
- Temple Hirst
- West Haddlesey
- Burton Salmon
- Byram cum Sutton
- South Milford
- Monk Fryston
- Huddleston with Newthorpe
- Sherburn in Elmet
Transport can be provided to our Action Groups.
SDDF’s Development Officer Emily will support you throughout.